Friday, January 10, 2014

A New Book Blog!

Hello there, friends!

Well...it looks like I gave in and decided to start a book blog. Even after a few days spent arguing with myself about why I didn't need to start one when my own personal blog would do just fine.

As you can see, the professional in me won this battle.

This new Book Review blog is meant to be just that, a REVIEW blog! While it would have been lovely to share book reviews on my personal blog (and I'm sure I still will from time to time), it's nice to have a blog that will be dedicated primarily to books, reading, reviews, and (eventually) my own writing.

I have high hopes for this blog, but first and foremost I want this to be a blog where imagination is abundant. What's the point of reading if not for the chance to escape reality to a world other than your own?

Second, this is a review blog. To be fair, not everyone will share my taste in books, just as I won't always share it with others. I try to be honest, precise, and fair in all of my book reviews. And honestly, I'm not sure that there will ever be a bad review on this blog because, frankly, if I don't like a book I'll stop reading it. I will be reviewing books that are already published--both mainstream and underground books. I will also be reviewing ARCs sent to me by Publishers in exchange for honest reviews. I am also open to being a beta reader or reviewing books by self-published authors. If you are ever interested in sending me a book to review, please feel free to e-mail me at netumbaga@gmail.com.

And third, this blog is a place where I hope to fall in love with reading even more. I started reading by myself when I was 4 years old and I haven't stopped since! I've always been a reader and I've always loved reading. Here, I hope to fall in love with reading all over again, continuously. I hope that my love of reading grows so much that I'm inspired to write more so that I can complete my other goal of becoming an author. Every good author knows that in order to be a good writer, one must be a good reader.

I am extremely excited to start this blog and I am beyond excited to share my reading world with all of you!

Before I go, here's some wise words from a man that I admire, and the inspiration for this blog's name


Happy reading, friends! Next time I'll be back with a review with the classic Peter Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment