Sunday, January 26, 2014

3 in 1 Book Reviews

As is sometimes the case when it's the beginning of the year/beginning of the semester/my birthday month, I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to update this blog. Which is totally not cool because I've been reading like crazy and therefore have reviews to make! But I've also got no time to make them. Ugh. So that's where 3 in 1 Book Reviews steps in! Today, I'll be "reviewing" (i.e. rating and maybe a tiny little reaction line) 3 of the books that I've read in the past week or so.

Avalon High by Meg Cabot.
Goodreads
My Rating: 3/5 Stars
Blurb: Ok, this was actually a re-read...I read this book for the first time when I was a Junior or Senior in High School. I loved the story line and I love history-made-modern type books so I thought I'd refresh my memory and read it again. The second time around was a bit meh for me. It's still got a great story but the writing is a bit mediocre.

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Goodreads
My Rating: 3/5 Stars
Blurb: Uggghhh...I really wanted to like this book and I guess that I kinda did but I didn't love it. I love love love Lauren Oliver and I think she's a great author but this book just did not do it for me. There were times when I just wanted to smack the MC upside her head because she was being soooo annoying. IDK, maybe I'm just getting old?

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Goodreads
My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars
Blurb: LOVED this!!!! Time for me to come clean: this book has been on my To-Read list since 2012. My roommate read it back when it first came out and I was like "yeah, yeah...I'll read it eventually." Man am I upset at myself for waiting this long to FINALLY read it. To be fair, though, it was finally gifted to me (along with Scarlet) for Christmas sooo there's that. Plus, I'm glad that I won't have to wait very long for the third book to come out. Anyway, I loved the whole concept of futuristic fairytales. And even though there are the connections between the classic fairytale and Meyer's reboot, it's not totally obvious to the point of being annoying.


Well, there ya have it, folks. 3 book reviews in 1 blog post. I wish that I had more time to give each of the books the attention that they deserve but alas, busy girl right here!

I have one more book review coming this week (hopefully) for the ARC I received. I say hopefully because I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I'll have time to post. Stay tuned, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment