Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday: 2014 Debuts I'm Excited About

Hiya! Welcome to friends/followers (hopefully) old and new (mostly new...this blog is less than a week old, after all). Today I'm linking up with The Broke and Bookish for my first ever Top 10 Tuesday. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. Let's get this party started, shall we?

Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited About

Something Real by Heather Demetrios -- I'm pretty sure that this book was made for this generation. Reality TV at it's best, or worst, and in book form. I am so excited! I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty sure that I'm attracted to this book because I was obsessed with Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I have a feeling that this book is going to be pretty reminiscent of that whole era.

Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy -- Ugh...I have such a huge love/hate relationship with these kinds of books. Illnesses, especially cancer, are such a popular subject right now, you can't really avoid 'em. I'm not complaining, I'm a sucker for cancer books, they just make me feel so many feelings

Alienated by Melissa Landers -- I kinda have mixed feelings about this one. It seems pretty good from the summaries that I've read so far, I just have never been into the whole alien, other world story. I am hoping that this one will draw me in and prove me wrong!

The Islands At The End of The World by Austin Aslan -- Oh, look! A book that takes place in Hawaii. I know a little something about that. This book not only takes place in my home state, but also on the two islands that I've lived on, so I am excited about the setting. The plot seems pretty catchy, too. Why can't it be August already?!

Library Jumpers by Brenda Drake -- I have no real words for this. It looks thrilling and mysterious and I want to read it now.

Dream Boy by Madelyn Rosenberg -- I am, like, 90% sure that this book was made just for me. Okay, probably not, but I'm in love with it already and I haven't even read the darn thing yet. I think I'm drawn to it mostly because I love the whole concept of dreams-and nightmares-coming true. 

Learning Not To Drown by Anna Shinoda -- It's a story of a crazy family and secrets abound. When I first read the summary, I felt like I could relate to Claire. Not because my family is as crazy as hers, but because my family is crazy in their own way. I know that we all think that our own families are the craziest of the crazies, but it's still interesting to escape to a family who is more crazy.

Conversion by Katherine Howe -- My reaction after reading the summary for this book was, "Woah." That's usually a pretty good indication that a book is good enough for me to read.

Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule -- Both the cover art and the summary of this book seems so haunting and mysterious. I am a sucker for haunting and mysterious. Sure, this book may leave me with a few sleepless nights, but I am willing to sacrifice myself just to read this baby!

The Girl From The Well by Rin Chupeco -- I am both intrigued and frightened by this book. It's based off a popular Japanese ghost stories...and I love Asian ghost stories (they're terrifying and so realistic). 


I have so many more on my list. If I had time, I would totally list all of them. But alas, school work beckons me so off I go to be a college student and not, haha. In the meantime, what are some of the books that we share? Did anything on my list catch your eye?

1 comment:

  1. Alienated wasn't on my list, but I am excited to read it. I typically prefer the scary kind of aliens, but I'm willing to give this a shot. :)

    I'm also excited for Side Effects May Vary. It's hard not to think of TFIOS when reading the summary, so I'm interested to see how this compares and contrasts,

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete