Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Reasons Why I Love Being a Blogger/Reader

Happy Tuesday, friends old and new! Today, I'm linking up with The Broke and Bookish for their weekly Top 10 Tuesday meme!


This week's topic is 10 Reasons Why I Love Being a Blogger/Reader. So let's get it started!

one. I love being a reader because I constantly get to escape the real world. The real world can be harsh sometimes. Give me a book and I can get away long enough to refresh my mind so that I can face the challenges head on!


two. I love being a reader because I get to live a thousand lives. I've down things that people could only dream of doing. I've done impossible things. It's a pretty great life!

three. I love being a book blogger because I finally have people to relate to. My friends like to read (that's pretty much a requirement of being my friend. Not really. But it should be). But they're not as serious as reading as I am. I love being having people that I can talk to about books!

four. I love being a reader because I get to fall in love over and over again. Specifically, with the ships that I sail. I love it when two characters that I love get together. It's like the feeling of falling in love with my boyfriend all over again! It's complicated and terrifying and just plain crazy, but the feeling when all of those emotions lead to happily ever after is beautiful. This can also apply to the feeling of falling in love over and over with an actual book that you love to re-read. But mostly the ship thing.


five. I love being a book blogger because it inspires me to read more books. Since I started this blog a little under a month ago, I've read and read and read. It's a great motivator to keep on reading!

six. I love being a reader because reading gives me something to talk about. I'm one of those people who talks about books all the time. My friends need advice? "Well...in this book I just read..." Meeting new people? "Hey, have you ever read...?" Carrying a book around is totally a great conversation starter!

seven. I love being a reader because it brings my boyfriend and I closer together. My boyfriend loves reading, too. The first time I walked into his room and saw his bookshelf, I knew that he and I were meant to be. Seriously, some of our best dates included going to the library than finding a spot on the beach just to read. No talking to each other, just being with each other, lost in a book. That is true love right there.


eight. I love being a book blogger because it increases my To-Read list. Reading book reviews is one of my favorite things so now that I see book reviews on the daily (any time I check Bloglovin'), I am constantly adding things to my To-Read shelf. All those books, not enough time!

nine. I love being a book blogger because of the occasional ARCs that I receive. Let me be clear that this is NOT the main reason, but it is pretty cool receiving new reads and being able to review them just for fun! I've found some awesome books that I went on to purchase through ARCs.

ten. I love being a book blogger because no one here thinks I'm crazy! Thank you, book blogger community for being just as crazy about books as I am!

What do you love the most about being a reader?


4 comments:

  1. Great list I love love love your number seven and four
    here's mine: My TTT@Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last one - no one thinks you're crazy! I feel the same way! I even put that in my list. No one in my real life GETS me the way my bookish friends do and that is really something special. (: Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this topic and seeing everyone's reasons for being a reader and blogger.
    Awesome list <3

    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging has made my TBR list so unbelievably huge but I wouldn't want it any other way. Great picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete